Architecture Condition surveys, Specifications and Advice
For the client, embarking on a building conservation project can be extremely daunting, so getting well-informed and reliable advice about the potential scope and costs makes a huge difference. Our recommendations are realistic and based on finding practical solutions which balance the expectations of clients with the historic integrity of the architecture.
The services we provide include:
• detailed condition surveys to identify the location, type and extent of deterioration or damage including an assessment of structural and environmental factors
• specifications of works for pricing, funding applications or tendering purpose
• analysis of mortars; cross sections of decorative surfaces; pigment identification and environmental monitoring
• trials and exemplars for cleaning, repair mortars, consolidation techniques, replacement elements and preventive measures
• design and implementation of maintenance programmes and long-term monitoring